Friday, January 29, 2016

KREM 2: Growing Mushrooms From Windstorm Downed Trees

If you are unfamiliar with my venture to grow mushrooms from the downed trees of the windstorm, KREM 2 just did a story about it. If you happen to still have a downed tree or perhaps wood that you need to get rid of, you can contact me about removal. Here's the catch. Pine is useless. Fir is useless. If you have spruce or a deciduous tree that needs to be cut up, I can probably help. If you have already cut to firewood length, unfortunately I cannot use. I can only use rounds of certain length (3-4 ft) and specific diameter (depending on variety of tree.) So, if this describes you, a friend or family, please let me know. My goal is to put as many of these downed trees into local food production as I can. This will be a bit of a long-term project. I don't expect to be harvesting mushrooms from these logs for probably another 18 months. Stay tuned for updates, including log inoculation this early spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your questions and comments below. They will be added to the page as soon as I can moderate them. Thanks for contributing!