Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bumper Huckleberry Season!!!

After a miserable berry season two years ago, a rebound year last year, the huckleberries this year are THICK, LARGE, AND PLENTIFUL!!!

I have personally seen the biggest huckleberries in the last two weeks that I have ever seen. They are as big as blueberries!!!

Mt. Spokane has already been pretty well picked out. There are LOTS of berries up there, and LOTS of pickers. I went up last Sunday to find probably 20 cars parked, everyone picking in their own patch. Crazy huckleberry season!

From what I have seen and heard, the berries seem to best at Priest Lake and north of Sandpoint in Bonner's Ferry.

A nice huckleberry shrub I found at 4th of July Pass a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your questions and comments below. They will be added to the page as soon as I can moderate them. Thanks for contributing!