Thursday, May 10, 2012

One of my coolest finds to date: GIANT oyster mushrooms!!!

WILD OYSTER MUSHROOMS FROM THE LITTLE SPOKANE RIVER NATURAL AREA

Even though we cultivate and sell lots of oyster mushrooms every year, I have never seen anything like this. Normally when I find something this large it is mushy, overgrown, and saturated with bugs. Not this time. These mushrooms were amazingly fresh. We found them at the perfect time for consumption. And they were absolutely delicious. I still prefer wild oysters to straw-cultivated oysters any day. What a treat!

I saw these right off the roadside. Recently cut tree stumps.

This mushroom weighed over 2.5 pounds!!!



We harvested 8 pounds on those two tree stumps. Incredible find!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your questions and comments below. They will be added to the page as soon as I can moderate them. Thanks for contributing!